More than 200 firefighters were called to the blaze in the early hours of 14 June 2017.
- Government promises £5,500 for every household left homeless by the fire
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan says the disaster was a “preventable accident”
- Minute’s silence to be held on Monday at 11.00am
- Chancellor says Grenfell Tower cladding was banned on high rises
The protesters have demanded:
- A written commitment from the council on immediate rehousing of Grenfell Tower Fire, within the borough
- Immediate release of funds to cover welfare and all losses suffered by the victims
- Commission investigation into the recent refurbishment of the tower
- Release full list of victims so families can bereave the dead
- Commission investigation into all similar buildings in the borough to identify fire, health and safety risks and put in place immediate control measures.
Speculation has focused on the role that cladding apparently used in a recent refurbishment of the tower may have played in the fire.